Community

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Self Care!

Happy Tuesday Loves. I wanted to touch base and see if you are fulfilling your commitment to yourselves about doing something for YOU this week. I have been leaving the house and going outside and enjoying nature and it has been SO DAMN NICE. I had been locked up in the house for months so this really is so good for my spirit. I also just started another book! Reading has been so great. I gotta tell ya, I love waking up and not automatically grabbing my phone to scroll on the gram. I think I might try starting morning walks. I hope you are all enjoying the beginning of your week and that you carve out some time for you. Sending you so much love and light and very grateful for you all.

Danielle

Girl I'm so glad to hear you are doing so much better.  I did finally sit down and write it my journal for the first time since January.  It felt really good, and then laying in bed last night I got really down because I started thinking about how homesick I am being in Florida and my Mom being in Virginia.  I know it's good for me to have the distance but it still hurts.  I am hoping it doesn't last long and it passes quickly.  Today I have kept myself busy and tried to do some reading but this terror of a 4 year old just wouldn't let me be. I really think she's feeding off me and is anxious with this big of a move and she lost her Nanny that she could go see whenever she wants.  Well the baby is finally in bed now so I am thinking now would be a good time to relax nd pick up that book.....on a side note today was my 5 year anniversary with my Fiance.  Woohoo

Hi everyone!

Danni, I have heard about so many of the benefits of taking time to be out in nature.  It's funny because I consider myself a city girl, but I think that it's also good for the soul to spend time outside and not in the hustle and bustle of a city.

Jennifer, I meant to ask you what part of Florida you are living in...that state is near and dear to my heart right now because my boyfriend is currently living in Orlando.  Also happy 5 year anniversary to you and your fiance! That's so awesome!

I've been having a hard time getting in some good self care today and yesterday.  Both days were extremely busy.  I have made it to the gym both days and tomorrow I'm taking hot pilates on my kid-free night, which I'm really excited about.  I'm hoping to get in some meditation tomorrow too.

Finally, I'm not sure if anyone has tried acupuncture, but I started it recently and it's changed my life!  I take meds for anxiety and I'm working to get off of them (hopefully one day).  In the meantime I am trying to introduce relaxation strategies and find what works for me.  I found community acupuncture and it's so easy, affordable and totally works.  There are community acupuncture clinics everywhere and the one I go to is literally "pay what you want" and has a sliding scale of 15-35 dollars a session.  I typically pay 20 to 25 dollars for about 45 minutes of acupuncture.  I feel a calm and relaxation that I have not found from much else.  I just wanted to share!

Quote from Laura on March 26, 2019, 10:16 pm

Hi everyone!

Danni, I have heard about so many of the benefits of taking time to be out in nature.  It's funny because I consider myself a city girl, but I think that it's also good for the soul to spend time outside and not in the hustle and bustle of a city.

Jennifer, I meant to ask you what part of Florida you are living in...that state is near and dear to my heart right now because my boyfriend is currently living in Orlando.  Also happy 5 year anniversary to you and your fiance! That's so awesome!

I've been having a hard time getting in some good self care today and yesterday.  Both days were extremely busy.  I have made it to the gym both days and tomorrow I'm taking hot pilates on my kid-free night, which I'm really excited about.  I'm hoping to get in some meditation tomorrow too.

Finally, I'm not sure if anyone has tried acupuncture, but I started it recently and it's changed my life!  I take meds for anxiety and I'm working to get off of them (hopefully one day).  In the meantime I am trying to introduce relaxation strategies and find what works for me.  I found community acupuncture and it's so easy, affordable and totally works.  There are community acupuncture clinics everywhere and the one I go to is literally "pay what you want" and has a sliding scale of 15-35 dollars a session.  I typically pay 20 to 25 dollars for about 45 minutes of acupuncture.  I feel a calm and relaxation that I have not found from much else.  I just wanted to share!

Laura, we live in Melbourne, FL which is about an hour from Orlando.  It's a great town.

I have been focusing a lot on self care in the past month or so. Taking baths at least once a week (no wonder why my girls love baths, they’re amazing) to have some alone time, working out 4-5 times per week, removing some toxic products from my home and replacing them with more natural ones, and spending time by myself doing what I want in that moment (reading, watching a show, just relaxing, meditating, etc.)  Taking time for myself has been the most wonderful opportunity to remember that I’m not just a mom, wife, employee, daughter, etc. I need my time to just be me.